Sunday, January 1, 2023

2023 Update

Happy New Year! I just want to give a little 2023 update. The main thing I have to share is that I’m going to let some books go out of print this year (maybe all). I'm thinking of making 2023 the year of self-canceling. I’m going to let The Undreaming Chronicles books go out of print and the physical book of the English version of The Universe Is Virtual will probably go out of print, at least for awhile. So if you want copies of those books, they will likely only stay in stock until the end of February 2023. Regardless, I will keep those books available as PDF purchases through a link from my website. 

Just because I'm letting some (or all) books go out of print doesn't mean they won't reappear if circumstances change. One thing few people currently consider is that books written in the past will likely have a high premium in the future, because they will be the only books verifiably not written by AI. AI has only gotten good enough to write believable books recently, so only books old enough will have the AI-free guarantee. AI writing is at the point where the written word is close to becoming a very cheap commodity. Along the same lines, old comic books will soon be the only comic books to have an AI-free "art" guarantee. Projects like DALL-E 2 open AI are getting close to making digital art a very cheap, very good, and easily-produced commodity.

Although I have not yet decided on the fate of the English version of The Universe Is a Dream, I would at least like to overhaul it. I already got rid of the Kindle version for that reason. I don’t like how that book’s rating has been dipping in recent years down to 4.4 stars currently. That shows me that community support for that book has been exhausted and mostly only unsuspecting normies are buying it. And I prefer not to disturb the sleep of normies, since they throw tantrums when disturbed. Regardless, the decision on The Universe Is a Dream won’t come until September 2023 if I do anything this year. If I can figure out a way to overhaul The Universe Is a Dream to divert normies from buying it and also if I can make it in color, that would be my preference. But to do that might require making it a whole new book, which would void the AI-free guarantee. So I'll only overhaul the book if I can do it while keeping it the same book. Otherwise, I might just let it go out of print.